Thursday 29 November 2012

Reflection of this course

Assalamualaikum and good afternoon everybody . . 
How are you today? I hope you are always in the pink of health. Here I want to jot reflections along my memorial journey in this course. First of all, thanks to Allah because give me opportunity and chance to face this course in this 5th semester, Alhamdulillah.

For the lab learning, I have learn so many things such as crop picture with Microsoft Paint, make video with Window Movie Maker, What is data logging?, and the uses of interactive whiteboard in classroom. All of the lab learning outputs are so interesting and I have apply them in my assignments almost. Past few years, I never know how to cropping picture, how to make an interesting and adore video, but lately I have all those experience to make it use in my life. Seriously I say that I really insane to make a new video everyday using Window Movie Maker. It really give me a positive impact to improvise my self to produce a better and good video day by day. Thanks to En.Azmi for those knowledge that has been teach to me. For the cropping picture with Paint, I do explore many application in it. Thus, I have produce an interesting edited picture from the Paint. Anyone here do know about interactive whiteboard?? I guess not all of you ever know about that. An interactive whiteboard is a piece of hardware that looks much like a standard whiteboard but it connects to a computer and a projector in the classroom to make a very powerful tool. When connected, the interactive whiteboard becomes a giant, touch-sensitive version of the computer screen. You can control your computer through the interactive whiteboard screen just by touching it with a special pen. I do experience using the interactive whiteboard during my primary school time in standard 2, 13 years ago. How very lucky am I ! Now we move on to the data logging. Actually, what is the data logging? Data logging is the process whereby physical data for example temperature, humidity, motion, pressure or light is collected using electronic sensor, which are usually built in to a device known as a data logger. The data is then downloaded from the data logger and stored to a computer or other hardware such as laptop, personal digital assistant (PDA), or graphics calculator. Specialized software programs enable this data to be displayed on a computer or other hardware in the fort of charts, graphs, and tables. It is also possible to open these collected data files in a spreadsheets program as tab delimited text or the more common CSV (comma separated values) figures. I also do apply this data logging in my data logging assignment. Quite interesting to know more about data logging that will be applied in our daily life indeed.

In this course, I do have to complete so many assignments like Problem Based Learning (PBL), What is Smart School, Application on STELLA software, and making a video about Biology Project. According to my PBL assignment, I do choose problem that related to the effect by the lacking of technician in school. There are so many effects that i have discover by the lacking of technician in school. For further reading, just go through my assignment page. Same goes to the Smart School assignment, I do learn what is the components that contribute to a Smart School. Besides, I also have lean about STELLA software. What is STELLA all about ?? STELLA actually is an interactive software that will make your teaching and learning become more exciting. Education and research are most interesting when they move out of the lecture hall and provide opportunity to create, experience, and see. STELLA offers a practical way to dynamically visualize and communicate how complex systems and ideas really work. Lastly, I have making a video according to Biology Project which is a visit to Roti Babu Warisan near in Slim River on how to make a delicious bread without any preservatives used. It such a very golden precious time there to know the process of bread making from the beginning to the end. 

Last but not least, I do discover the education philosophy in Malaysia, and I have my own teaching philosophy. To read all those philosophies, just go through my philosophy page. Sincerely I say that I have gain much more precious knowledge in this SSI 3013 course. InsyaAllah, I will apply all this knowledge during my practical semester soon. To be a capable teacher is not an easy work. We have to work from our deeply heart to teach all the new generation soon.

Sincerely,
Miss Nur Fatin Afiqah Kamaruzaman

No comments:

Post a Comment